Basic info on the program:
- First 3 sessions are a trial – there is no charge to participate. After 3 sessions students decide if they want to continue. Those who stay will pay $1,500 by credit card, PayPal, or by mailing in a check. Students can repeat the course unlimited number of times at no extra charge. Tuition is non-refundable.
- All the sessions are recorded in case you miss a session or want to repeat that session. We are using GoToWebinar tool to run the sessions. There is no installation involved on your side.
- There are several modules in the program:
– Software QA Module – 25 hours
– Test Automation Module – 20 hours
– Testing Mobile applications – 15 hours
– Web and Mobile Testing projects – 12 hours
– Backend testing (SQL & LINUX) – 16 hours
– Agile/scrum (with Jira) & CI/CD – 8 hours
– API/Postman – 4 hours
- In Test Automation module we have 10 live sessions (7-9pm PST) on Wednesdays (20 hours in total)
- For all other modules we have 3 live sessions a week – Mon, Tue, Thu – 6-7/8 pm California (PST) time
- To start the session teacher sends a link to the group chat in Skype. Students click on the link and there will be new window opening with teacher’s screen inside.
- The school helps with your resumes, interview preparation, references, etc.
What to do before the class begins:
- Slava on Automation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M0V5C24m1M
- James Back video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILkT_HV9DVU
- Jana Mourza – Test Documentation: PPT part1 part2 part3 part4 part5 part6 part7
- Jana Mourza on Agile Testing – Part1 Part2
- Bonus session on resume bullets – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12xDLTy18h0
- HTML by Slava – Part1 Part2
How to prepare to the first session:
1. Go to https://online.portnov.net/onlinehome page. We keep there recordings of the first 3 sessions for the most recent online groups.
2. Scroll down to the Session 1 section and start first with the Homework part. Watch the webinar, learn the interview questions and answers, take the quiz, etc.
3. After completing the Homework – watch the recorded webinar in the Session 1 title line.
With that work done you are ready to fully benefit from the first LIVE session on June 23, 2020